Thursday, November 02, 2006

Current Word Count: 1,569!

I started this morning with a word count of zero and now its at 1,569! I'm going to keep on going until I hit 4k today. At that point, I can go on to do "responsible" things like homework and cleaning the apartment. ;)

The writing is starting to take shape, at this point. Also, I'm finally starting to get back in the habit of near automatic writing. That is: sitting with fingers poised at keyboard and typing practically whatever pops into my head. Its a great way to get started when writer's block hits. Just write. Its the only way I've found to conquer writer's block. Silly, isn't it. We all have all this angst when writer's block comes. "I can't write anything!" we say. "My mind is blank" we say. But, if we simply just start typing, anything, it doesn't matter what, the grip of the block loosens and we start to get back to our normal selves. This is something I need to remember for the future, because if the past is any indication, the block will come. It always does.

No comments: